Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Today at Hockey Game

First Daniels team won! Yeah Springfield Capitals!

I decided today to take a stand and stood firm on Christopher learning that once we were in the rink we were to stay in the rink. He stood at the door and pushed through to the lobby several times. Each time I brought him back in and stood inside in order to see the game, he would push but stop. He would look to see if I was looking, then go for it again. Eventually and not with out many attempts and full on the floor protests he did stay inside the doors.

He next wanted a bottle, so rule is for bottle we sit. That did not go so smooth. It was good that I was sitting in the front row of the bleachers because I could only imagine the looks that were coming my way for sitting there holding a crying toddler during the game. Hey - I just ignored them and his fit and he did relax and sat for almost a full period of the game. I could actually feel his body relax on my lap once he settled down.

Mema Dy came to the game today too. And that was nice. Always nice to see Mema Dy. Nice to have additional back up eyes at the rink that understand and can help out when Mommy needs to go to the ladies room and powder her nose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have purchased 2 Lightening McQueens - one for Gryffin and one for Christopher :-)