Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
New Words
Each day it seems now we hear new words. Not clear at first but then clearer and clearer. Two weeks ago during a visit with Roberta we played a game of find "Mommy" and for the first time I heard him saying and signing "Mammy" till he found me. Since then he and I play daily and now we include "Danool" and "Dadee". This week the words draw, book, and talk are the ones I can remember. Awhile back I began keeping a log of his words, but as there are more it seems harder to keep up. The thing that most impressed me this past two weeks is that more than words I hear his voice. As he has gained more words and puts more words into use as he communicates he has a sweet little voice that till now has really only been a series of grunts, whines, and sounds. Though the grunts, whines, and misc. sounds are still his primary way of getting our attention it's nice to hear his voice. "Wanhelp?" "Isstuck" "Tank" "Daggee" "Allo" "Stip"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment