Dan called me as Christopher and I drove home tonight and asked that we stop and get bananas. So Christopher and I stopped at Garmarlos Grocery. As always he enjoyed pushing the smaller cart that they have there, we picked out bananas and then we passed a boxed of chocolate covered doughnuts. He picked them up and handed them to me and kept pushing the cart along. I put them back on the shelf. When he looked back at me and saw that they were not in my hands any longer he did a double take back to the cart to see if I had put them there. Once he discovered that they were in fact not in the cart he proceeded to return to their place on the shelf and reselect them and placed them securely in the cart himself. As we approached the check out he must have sensed his purchase was in danger so that he no longer trusted to leave the box in the cart but rather he held on firmly till we got through the check out and only with protest did he allow me to remove the box from his hands in order for the clerk to ring them up. Honestly the child size cart and his big determination; he looked like a little man.
The last time we he and I went to Garmarlos Grocery he and I had to wait in a rather slow line and he very much impressed me with his patience as he waited our turn again holding on to his miniature cart with his short grocery list inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment