Some unfortunate event seems to have occurred down the street at or near the beautiful farm house that over looks the valley below that meant Christopher and I had to turn and go home a different way last night. Prayers go to the people along with rescue and fire staff that were effected by what ever required the fire, police and power company. Christopher and I drove an erie dark ride up the mountain. Only faint glows of candles and flashlights from the homes we passed along the way.
So lights out even before bed. This was strange and Christopher was very unsure of his place in the dark last night. I was impressed that Dan and Daniel had found the emergency box in the mud room and had already set a glow the house with candles. Christopher and I found them napping on the couch in the candle light. Daniel thought he was out of having to do homework till I reminded him he could still type his paper on his laptop as long as the battery lasted. For dinner I heated up some water on the gas stove, cooked and quick batch of oodles of noodles. Simple no fuss in the dark. I located the portable DVD player and it's battery supply inserted a long ago seen Barney DVD and it was like magic before Christopher eyes! Dan and I took advantage of the candle light and opened a bottle of wine and discuss the days events.
Early to bed for all . . . no end in sight for powers return. It did come back near 1AM.
No comments:
Post a Comment