Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Tough Choices.
This weekend we had plans. Plans to include the entire family. Travel to Baby Shower, then to the St Patrick's Day Parade. But with the weather a bit iffy (turned out beautiful) and not knowing what the environment of the Shower would be we once again tag teamed the weekend. Dan kept Christopher home and I took Daniel on the outing. In the end it was the right choice. But it's hard knowing, hard not knowing, hard having to separate all the time, hard to be OK with making the best choice. Sometimes choices means someone doesn't get their way so that someone else can. Guess it comes down to turn taking. Which I have to say, in regards to turn taking I think we have that down pretty well. Daniel is amazing in his ability to understand that our time sometimes unexpectedly needs to be spent with his bother and he is always (and I really do mean always) gracious about it. And Dan Sr. and I are understanding of our missing out to take turns staying at home. Which quite frankly sometimes in rather nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment