Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Lets rub noses like the Eskimoses"

"Lets rub noses like the Eskimoses"  Our nightly routine has one more step added.  Each night I lay for a few mins with Christopher before saying goodnight. I rarely stay more than 5 mins if that, it's been working so why mess with that.  Anyway, the past few nights he's taken and grinningly given me Eskimo kisses before I leave the room.  I have been giving Eskimos kisses to both my boys forever.  Its fun and silly.  At first Christopher had never been all that impressed by it.  But now he enjoys the closeness.  Closeness, snuggles and hugs are definitely something we do not take for granted from our little guy, as we are all to aware that we are very fortunate that he desires or tolerates any touching.

1 comment:

MommyToTwoBoys said...

Since Jaylen, my 4 year old, was a baby, we have done a kiss, hug eskimo routine that must be repeated at bed time and school drop off or his world falls apart.