Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blood Draw Adventure

Today we had a long and over due put off blood draw scheduled.  Nothing serious, just a routine requirement to satisfy school files.  Well we had about an a little over an hour to kill in between school and the appointment.  Not enough time to drive home, so we headed towards the Dr.s and decided to stroll the Main Street a bit.  We went into the Main Street Department store that has a crazy cool toy area - that was fun.  We took the elevator!  Played with all the toys set out to play with. Then we choose to take the stairs - not sure if it was despite the loud sounds from up stairs (Vacuum) or if it was because of the noise and curiosity that he choose the stairs?  I was surprised - he had so much fun on the elevator and we don't get to do that often.  Also super surprised because the vacuum at the top of the stairs was loud.  Next we went a few doors down to the children's consignment shop and bought a really cool push and go Caterpillar. 




 THEN - it was time to go the Lab.  I felt bad cause we were having such a good time, and even though I told him what we were going to do he didn't get it.  Didn't get that there would be 3 adults there to hold him down and STICK him.  

Well, considering last time took 4 adults this time went much better.  Totally different this time.  This time he was talking to us, "No, No Arm!" "My MC Donald's?" ( A reward I had told him we would do after).  He even tucked his arms behind his body like they were out of sight it would all stop. They tried to find a vane in each arm - no sticking - just looking and decided he was too upset.  The vane kept disappearing.  So finger stick is was.  He was really upset - but very brave.   We think they got enough . . . well I hope so cause I do not want to put him through that again! 




"Ouch Mommy Kiss It"


"Momeee tis shoe"  (Mommy Tissue)


ALL BETTER NOW - GOT MY SIP & FRIES

3 comments:

Designer28 said...

What a brave big biy Christopher - Mema is very proud of you! XXOO I am also very impressed that you chose the stairs and didn't let the noise bother you. You are really grwoing up!

Chabott said...

Very much growing up before our eyes in so many wonderful ways.

MommyToTwoBoys said...

My guy loves elevators and escalators. You are brave, I make my husband do the rounds when it comes to blood draws.