Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ugh! I hate croup!


Once again another sleepless night.  1am the familiar sound of the "barking" cough!  This usually means a trip to the ER to settle him down and get his breathing back to normal.  But with his new language skills he and I were able to communicate and understand each other better.  I was able to comfort him and tell him what we needed to do.  Daddy, Christopher and I set up camp down stairs for a bit of Netflix sitting in front of the froggy cool mister.  I sent Daddy off to bed to get some sleep so if need be we could take shifts.  Christopher and I sat through the movie and then one short episode of Garfield and he seemed to have a more normal breathing rhythm so I told him time to sleep.  We shut off the TV and laid down in the living room on his jumping mattress.  He teased me by steeling my blanket over and over - I was a bit grumpy being so tired and told him to "cut it out"  a newer phase of his, and so he did.  He slept till almost 8am.  Still sounds barky - but we made it through the night no ER and so far no steroid.  But I have a sneaking suspicion that we may need to use the steroid before bed tonight if he still sounds this bad.

No comments: