Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Flooded Basement!
I probably needn't say more. As this has been a problem for so many friends this week. HELLO SPRING - So excited that you are nearing the corner to spread your warmth upon us!
I understand - 18,000 gallons of water over a 24 hour period, up and down the cellar stairs at LEAST a 100 times!!! I was at Squire's at 7 when they opened on Monday morning to purchase another sump pump with the larger hose so I had 2 running. The biggest problem was the ground was so saturated and the water came back in through the opening in the cellar floor. My next prject is to get the sump pump Tom gave me installed! My feet were so cold by the end of the day and I had soaked 3 pairs of foot gear. I even got up twice during the night to make sure that the water level wasn't over the pad the furnace was on - NOAH BUILD ME AND ARC! :-)
1 comment:
I understand - 18,000 gallons of water over a 24 hour period, up and down the cellar stairs at LEAST a 100 times!!! I was at Squire's at 7 when they opened on Monday morning to purchase another sump pump with the larger hose so I had 2 running. The biggest problem was the ground was so saturated and the water came back in through the opening in the cellar floor. My next prject is to get the sump pump Tom gave me installed! My feet were so cold by the end of the day and I had soaked 3 pairs of foot gear. I even got up twice during the night to make sure that the water level wasn't over the pad the furnace was on - NOAH BUILD ME AND ARC! :-)
Love, Mom
Post a Comment