Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Why does he have to squeal at me?

Yesterday we were early for drop off.  So we join the before school group in the cafeteria and played with some fun toys.  Christopher had been playing with a castle, when a young girl went to take it for herself Christopher began to in her words squeal.  I told her for him that he had been playing with it and wasn't ready to share.  She asked me "then why did he squeal at me?"  I explained he was still practicing how to use his words and that sometimes its hard for him.  She accepted that and continued to play for a moment with us before moving away to another activity.

The "squeal" has become so normal that I honestly don't often even think of how others see it.  Though to many it probably sounds all the same I actually can tell by it's tone and delivery what he really is trying to get at.  

No comments: