Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Heimlich Maneuver

Daniel choked on his breakfast this AM.  OMG - still shaking over this.  It took 4 or 5 good squeezes to dislodge.  All the while in my most curdling scream shouting "HELP ME, HELP ME, HELP ME!" To get Dan Sr's attention.  Christopher climbed himself into the TV entertainment cabinet shouting "No" while this was all going on.  Pure mayhem.  Thankfully all is OK now. 

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?  Click the link below to learn for yourself what to do.

Link:
Heimlich Maneuver

1 comment:

Designer28 said...

You were just 2 years old when I had to do this for you. I was driving down Enfield St. with you and Kate in your car seats - I looked into the review mirror because I heard a strange sound behind me - you were red and struggling to breathe. I whipped the car into the parking lot at the fire station and grabbed you out of your seat. I drapped you over my arm and slapped you on the back (this was before we knew about Heimlich) and out shot a hard candy which flew right across the four lanes on Enfield St. Once you began breathing and crying, I collasped on the pavement and shook all over.