In Christopher's sleep room I had printed off a number of animal Google images and taped them up to the wall above his bed. Lately he has really latched on to one flash light (we have many but it has to be this one) and takes it to bed with him each night. He calls it his "Watt". He has always referred to lights as watts. Not sure why but considering the wattage seems appropriate. Anyway, while putting him to bed the other night he was shining the flashlight at the pictures and I started to request that he shine on specific animals. Where is the monkey? the doggies? the pig? etc . . . . he got each and every one of them. He was so proud of him self.
This is so exciting, and reassuring that he is understanding! I will be printing more pictures of other items, number and letters and see if we can expand on this as a learning game. Thinking we may even sit in a dim room and use the flashlight to guide us through books.
Keep up the good work Christopher!

No comments:
Post a Comment