No pictures for this one. But none the less a story worth telling. The men and the older children went to play a round of par 3 golf so Auntie KK, Christopher and I went down the street to the McDonald's to play.
First off a normal trip to McDonald's is drive through. We never actually go in. But this time that was the point. They had a large indoor play structure. When we pulled into the parking lot Christopher had on no shoes, so a few minutes were spent slipping on his shoes to walk in. Only to have to take them off. Play structure rule I forgot about. Had I remembered I would have probably just carried him in. Giant pitch fit about taking off shoes! To the point that I said ok, put your shoes on. Fortunately at this point there is only one other child and his dad in the room. I sat at the structure entrance and he and I had a conversation about "If you want to go in then you'll have to take off you shoes"
Me: Do you want to go in?
C: GO!
Me: Ok, fun, but you have to take off your shoes.
C: Cry
Me: Sorry your sad. It would be fun to go in.
C: Led go n
Me: Ok take off your shoes and you can go in.
C: Cry
REPEAT this scenario 3 more times.
then C: Plops to the ground and says "shoes off"
YEAH! Took all of 5 mins and he was over it.
Ready to have fun. At first I had to go in with him. We played for awhile up inside and he had no interest in going down the slide. Eventually I convinced him to come down the slide on my back.
Once out he noticed others eating and went to their table and sat on the floor near them. Like he was the family dog down waiting for something to fall. So we went to the counter and bought the usual. Med Fry and Coke. He willingly and with out prompting sat in the adult chair at the table with Auntie KK and I.
After the eating break he took about 4 trips from the table to the structure before he was brave enough to go in on his own. Then boom! He was in and having a blast. At this point there are many children and parents in the room and the noise volume is much greater then it was when we arrived. But this doesn't bother him. Up , through and down several times. Inside he find a small piece of paper that was from a Happy Meal Toy. He shrieked his dolphin sounding happiest laugh. And proceeded to show it to everyone one like he just found a dollar bill or something. He showed it to the other children, and every Dad in the place. Holding it out "whats tat, ear yo go, more dolphin laughing"
At one point a young girl bumped her head inside the structure and was crying, Christopher's response was a genuinely sincere "don't cwry".
Also one of the dad's was calling up the slide to his son David to come on down. Christopher was very aware and tried to be helpful. Making great eye contact with the Dad he repeated the Dad. "David, down. Where'd he go" with arms and shoulders shrugged up.
When it was time for us to go we started our 3, 2, 1 count down. I met him at the bottom of the slide with his shoes to scoop him up and go. Except he pulled a move I didn't think possible. He turned and climbed backwards up the slide to the safety of the upper structure. KK said she saw him shrug and say "Ha" when he succeeded in his escape. LOL. Up I went. Out he came and off we went.
Good trip. Good time. Good company. Successes all around.
No comments:
Post a Comment