Maybe next year Christopher will make it to see the fireworks!
Visit Hawk's Page to see his Fireworks experience:
http://hawkchabo.blogspot.com/2010/07/4th-of-july-fireworks.html
These are the times that are really tricky striking a balance for the need of each of our boys when their needs collide. I really wished for Christopher to be able to experience the fireworks with us but the little guy just couldn't stay awake. And for Hawk it would have been more fun if he could have walked to the field and tried to connect with friends, but I think the roof top chair and frosty was a fair compromise that aloud us to remain all together as a family. The other option; an option that we find we have to go with is the "Tag Team Parent" I go with one child and Dan goes with the other. This makes it hard to spend family time together all 4 of us. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Which brings me to another thought/realization. I no longer have a rigid plan for how an outing is going to unfold. Rather a series of mini plans for the what ifs and now just roll with it. This is so much easier and enjoyable . . . what took me so long to learn this. This would have been a helpful skill even before having children.
No comments:
Post a Comment