Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Wild


This photo is my little guy growing up.  He knew all to well that it was bed time.  Why Disney Channel starts their movies at 8pm is beyond me however this night as with most summer nights we were late getting Christopher to bed.  He saw the first 5 minutes of this movie and was hooked!  So a couple of things are happening here that are worth mentioning.  First I believe he has learned the art of Mommy's theory or rule of thumb that is applied to his big brother.  That is something Hawk and I came to terms with long ago, if there's going to be any wiggle room on the time you go to bed "You Must Stay Off the Mommy Radar!" Hawk has perfected this to a tee.  He thinks that he's getting away with something big and I get peace and quiet while he gets to express some mini freedom to control his own bonus time.  How I know Christopher gets this is that each time I walked into the room or even past it for that matter he made himself as small as he could so as if I couldn't see him and said "No".  I assured him after a couple of these protests that he would be allowed to watch the rest of the movie and then bed. 

The other point worthy of noting is that he wasn't just hooked on the pictures, movement and sounds of the movie but he really was following the story line.  Repeating the characters lines.  Shouting out at appropriate times for one or another character to "watch out" or "no don't".  At one point in the movie the Daddy Lion falls over a cliff and for this Christopher shouted out over and over "Oh no Daddy!" Daddy get up!" Dan Sr came into the room thinking that he was actually being called in, I explained the movie and then Daddy sat and finished it off with his Christopher by his side.

Then it was off to bed when the movie ended.  No fuss. Just bed.  Good Night my little boy! 

No comments: