Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Finger Nails

How on earth am I going to cut this boys nails on his hands and feet when he gets to strong for me?  It just took a solid 15 minutes to trim them.  He sobs with full streams of tears, and if not for them needing to be done so badly I would simply say forget it.  Phew, need a break after that one for sure.

I've tried the sneak attack, the 3,2,1 count down preparation, the you want to try yourself . . .  and on and on.  Always it comes down to tucking a limb in the fold of one arm and going for it.

Though I have to say this time when I told him if he wanted to be done he would need to sit still and though he wasn't the kind of still I needed him to be he did calm down some.

Hello Christopher I know you hear me, and I know you understand . . . Mommy just wishes you could tell me in a way that is easier for me to understand you. 
Love Mom.

No comments: