Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The different boy.

I am struggling with my emotions for how I feel, to be very honest. One side, the prevalent thank goodness, feels like the constant cheerleader of Christopher both for his benefit, those around him and for me. The other side is sad and angry. Because I am beginning to realize that no matter the amount of cheering he has a long road ahead of him in his life to struggle with acceptance and understanding by those who know him and by strangers. I fear he will be that different boy. The one that the other kids don't understand and parents shy away from. I have been raising his bother Daniel to be different, to not be a follower. For Christopher I wish he could be more the same rather than the different boy.

No comments: