Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Monday, October 24, 2011

You have got to be kidding me.

This afternoon I had to stop at connivence store after picking Christopher up from school.  The standard practice is that he joins me and he purchases a candy bar of his choice by himself.  Today they had a bucket of small packages of pretzels with Halloween designs on them.  Orange and black packages.  Though I told him he wouldn't like them he insisted on the Orange package so I gave him the quarter and he purchased the package.  Upon opening it for him he became disappointed and decided he now wanted the black one. So again I hand to him a quarter and he proudly makes his purchase.  Again I open the package for him to which he responds with his head hung low and his little hand at his forehead saying "You have got to be kidding me!"

Next he selected a yummy ice cream treat from the freezer box.  Totally worth the 50 cents and the additional $1.95 for ice cream to hear such an appropriate statement of disappointment.
   

No comments: