We did see some family too, an unplanned bumping into. But mostly it was just me and my boys this Mothers
Day afternoon. Hawk wanted to treat me to hitting a few buckets of balls at the driving range, and with Christopher we explored Robin Hood Park back in our old neighborhood up in NH. Both Hawk and I had fun showing Christopher around the familiar sites to us all new to him. What a great day!
At the park there were many kids running wild mostly. Christopher kept trying to get there attention, "Hey guys?" "Look, ober here."
We also saw a man fishing at the ponds edge. Christopher walked right over to him, tapped him on the hip and said " Z-scu-sme" (excuse me) "Where d fish go?"
We enjoyed throwing rocks and sticks into the water. (away from fisherman)
Hawk got to buy an ice cream from the Ding Dong cart. Another familiar memory from our old hometown. No ding dong cart would survive long in our new town - too many farm roads, and wooden pot hole ridden back roads. It's nice to visit our old home town, but I realized that mostly I don't miss it. Really love where we live now. We are getting to know more people in town, and I am loving the slower pace of living in general. Don't get me wrong - live still comes at us pretty fast here - just with a lot less traffic, noise, and misc city stuff.




















No comments:
Post a Comment