Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cutting up the rug.

"Mommy dance-n me?" "Ah come on!"  "Pees?"  OK buddy lets go . . . . into Hawks room where he has a stereo.  We pop in his favorite - Elvis's Greatest Hits.  And we dance, jump, run and spin.  This went on for a good 20 mins.
Since he was so into it I thought I might keep tweaking the play a bit and see how long he would put up with and go along with my interruptions.  Otherwise he would just run and run and run in circles only to break and pound into me.

First I showed him how to hop both feet front to back - AND he did it.

Second I clapped my hands - BUT that he wouldn't do.

Third, I did a jumping jack - AND he did it!!! Just a couple and then no more and wouldn't try again.  But hey thats a great exercise gets good bilateral movement.

Then the dog cam in and laid down in the middle of the floor.  (Never to be left out.) So without thinking I simply jumped over him - AND so did Christopher.  However I was afraid for the dog so I grabbed a near by bath towel on the floor.  (remember earlier I said we were in big brothers room)

We made great use of the towel.  Twisted in long tube like shape we jumped it.  Then he took great care to straighten it all out and lay it perfectly flat.  Pulling at any uneven edge or corner as necessary.

Of course it might go without saying that there was lots of back and forth to the stereo to reselect favorite songs and adjust volume up and down.

Overall this was a great fun learning time for both of us.  

No comments: