Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Good Golly Miss Molly . . . . .

Wow - I have so not followed my own advice.  I really fell behind in posting.

This past weekend was sooooo busy.  6 Flags with the Middle School, Installed the pool, Landscaped around it., Trip to Hyaniss with Hawk for open cast call (Adem Sandler Movie)!  Picnic at the Lake. Hours spent revising portfolios for Dan Sr.   . . . . my oh my.

Hang in there with me, I will catch up.

Meanwhile - some new things.

1) Reading books - unprompted Christopher pointed out to me the color pink.  Wasn't even a book about color, but he was very clear and wanted me to know that it was pink.

2) This kid is going to look like a giant prune by summers end - may never be able to get him out of the pool!! Unless maybe it's to go to the lake.  LOVES SWIMMING.

3) Popcorn is now an official standard on the "short" list of foods he eats.

4) We have gone to just pull ups.  And when we are home - mostly commando.  :-)

5) The kiddo that would not let the lab tech put a band-aid on him 6 months ago is now all about the band-aid. Not just band-aid but stickers too.  Tolerating - in fact enjoys the sensory input of the.  Band-aid make all boo's better! 

6) Spitting continues to be a problem.  Grrr

7) New phrase "O'my shat" to which I am replying "Oh my silliness!" Hoping that he catches on.  I hoped but was never really sure that I would ever have to be in the position that I would actually have to tell him not to say something.

8) Hawk and Christopher continue to evolve in their relationship.  Christopher is so much more interactive with his big brother and Hawk is still as always (even as a teenager!) attentive to his little bro!  Writing this makes me want to cry a little.  I think I'll write more on this as my next post but that will be tomorrow. Need to go to bed now.

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the gap!

No comments: