Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Feelings

So it seems that Christopher is more interesting in exploring his feelings/emotions and is learning how this affects him for what he wants or would like to do or not do. With that said on Maratha's suggestion we are talking with him about what we are seeing. For example if he's mad we acknowledge that "I see you are mad." Well tonight even though he had been warned of bedtime coming soon, he seemed rather shocked when I scooped him up and a full on sad face at first silent then with streams of tears. We all said our good nights and that we see your are sad about that. When I laid him down I spent a few more moments than usual stroking his hair and talking quietly to him, I could tell he was beginning to relax and we talked about that. I said it's nice to lay here in your bed with your cow, soon you will sleep, isn't this nice. He nodded yes and said aw ha. So I said it again but a little differently something more like it's nice to be here in your crib, do you feel better now? More relaxed and happy? Again he nodded yes and said aw ha. With that, I said goodnight I love you and walked out. Nigh Night Christopher see you in the morning.

No comments: