Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!
Sunday, January 10, 2010
MITTENS & HOCKEY
Yesterday the boys and I went to Springfield for Hockey game. While Daniel prepared to go on the ice Christopher and I prepared for an hour of cold rink time. First the feet into snow suit, then boots. Next a bit of pressing on the hands and talking about mittens then one at a time without fuss the mittens were on and slipping into the suit sleeves. Finally the hat. He and I walked the rather long walk from the car into the rink ready for the cold. Just him and I - no stroller, no bag of tricks, nothing, not even a diaper bag. He did really well. He even sat with me for all of the second period while we shared a doughnut in the bleachers! THANK YOU Martha for the great mittens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your welcome for the GReat mittens. I knew I could be of use, as my kids wore the same mittens as toddlers and LOVED them. Waterproof too. They took about one evening of knitting with hand me down yarn, that matches his snowsuit, no less. Glad to help. I was having a hard time Thurs and Fri to get his left thumb in the mitten, Does that work?
Post a Comment