Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Last Monday of Better Start!

For all of big brothers school career I have a tradition to remind him of each of the last days of the given school year.  Today - I included Christopher in this tradition.  Today I told him that this would be his last Monday of Better Start Pre-School.  (At least till next year).  Wow - I really am so completely blown away by the progress in so many areas that he has made this year.  I am impressed with his hard work.  I remember saying in our first IEP - I want to hold the bar at attainable level for his goals - but to also continue to raise it higher and higher never settling for good enough.  So many times we had a goal to tackle and he meant it with resistance, then acceptance, and finally cooperation and mastery.  The child that would never sit in circle at earlier play groups now willing joins circle most of the time and participates.  We are so close to being potty trained.  He is enjoying books.  Says some colors, numbers, and some letters.  He TALKS! and he is still as cute and humorous as ever.

I remember reading others blogs about their children telling them stories of their days at school. Scanning and showing off their work . . . I remember thinking is that ever possible for Christopher . . . I hoped . . . and now I know - YOU BET IT IS.  He is doing it and continues to grow in every way every day.  Along with that growth so grows my love and admiration for him.  

No comments: