Join us in our daily adventures of everyday life "the early days". The joys, the frustrations, the celebrations, the love, the learning, the patience, the . . . the list is long, the journey; so worth it!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Love our Sponge Bob!


We had fun with the Lucco Girls at Laruel Lake Yesterday! 








Last night Christopher and I engaged in some really fantastic imaginary play.  We took turns being different characters from Sponge Bob.  This morning he proclaimed Daddy was Squidward. 

We have been making a lot of crabby patties lately with our play dough that he got for Christmas that until now had remained unopened and only used to stack a tower of play dough cans up high to knock down.  Now we are opening them and squishing it in our hands.  

So much progress continues as summer is speeding by.

Potty training is complete - so that I just dropped off a bag of all remaining diapers and pull ups to a person in town that has a little boy.

This afternoon Christopher insisted on helping me to make a sandwich (PB&J) and then proceeded to eat the whole thing!  Not his first sandwich this summer but first to help and eat the whole thing. 

He stayed interacting with the girls for there entire visit yesterday!  No breaks needed.  Even continued to engage with them even asking them to do certain play things with him.  

I have been really busy balancing two different types of summer fun, one for a toddler and one for a teen all the while having to do work for Sr and our business too.  So there have been times where the TV has been a tool for me to get the things done that I NEED to get done before play.  I guess I have been saying - "Not right now I am busy." a lot because now Christopher is using it on me too.  Well got do what you got to do - not a bad thing for him to learn that sometimes you just have to wait.  

No comments: